Our Award-Winning Designers
Talented Kitchen & Bath Designers
When you’re remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, the kitchen and bath designers at Benson Stone in Rockford, IL, are here to help you every step of the way. Create the home of your dreams with our talented design and install team by your side!
Working with a Benson Stone kitchen & bath designer
You are always welcome to spend as much time as you like in our showroom, getting ideas for your remodel project. However, when you’re ready to start planning the specifics, we invite you to schedule a meeting with one of our talented kitchen & bath designers. To get started, please call (779) 210-3447 to schedule an appointment. Please bring in photos of your current room with dimensions and floor plans, if you have them. It’s also a very good idea to bring in design inspiration photos, to give your designer an idea of the style you’re going for.
Our experienced kitchen & bath design team will walk you through the showroom and discuss everything we have to offer for cabinetry, flooring, countertops, tile, and even lighting and decor, if you’re interested. As they learn what kinds of materials and styles you like, they’ll collect samples from the showroom to create a mood board, so you can see how everything would coordinate together. Our designers are also very skilled in helping you choose materials that will fit your budget.
If you’d like them to visit your home for a consultation, we can plan that as well. Depending on the size of the project, we may require a design deposit, though that cost will be used toward the cost of materials once your order is placed. Once you decide on your materials and fixtures, your designer will draw up a total concept for you.
During your second meeting with the designer, you’ll look at their proposed floor plan, and when you’re happy with the design, they will quote a price for you. If you decide to move forward, we will collect the downpayment on the project. You are also invited to take advantage of Benson Stone’s special financing program. The designer will order your product, and when it comes in, they will arrange for installation with your contractor, or with our own in-house installation crew.
Tips from our kitchen & bath designers
- Come into our showroom with an idea of what you like. It will be much easier for your designer to create a concept if you’ve done a bit of research first. Collect photos of rooms and interior design styles that you love, and show them to your designer!
- Know your budget. This usually requires some research. Our designers specialize in working within a budget. Knowing what it is ahead of time will help them make prudent decisions for you as you go.
- Be prepared to communicate with your designer. Fabulous designs don’t happen overnight. It requires plenty of communication between you and your designer. If you aren’t happy, say something! The designers at Benson Stone want to make sure your project is exactly what you had in mind.
Come to Benson Stone Co in Rockford for all your kitchen and bath design needs!
At Your Service.
Create the best version of your home! Our talented team will bring your dream home to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, our design services are complimentary when you buy the materials from our store. For larger projects, we will collect a non-refundable design deposit, but these funds will be used toward the cost of materials in the end.
We recommend you gather the following items and bring them along for your first meeting with your designer, if they are available:
- Inspirational photos of designs that you like
- Blueprints of the current room, or a simple drawing with basic measurements
- Photos of the current room
- Samples of design elements that have already been chosen (paint colors, siding, fabric swatches etc.)
Yes! Our designers can help you style every room in the house. Bedrooms, basements, laundry rooms, entryways… you name it! Check out our project gallery to see our entire home designs.
We have our own in-house teams to install flooring, countertops, tile, and fireplaces. The rest of the construction and installation will be handled by a general contractor. If you haven’t chosen your general contractor yet, our designers can recommend the ones we work with most often.
Our designers have wonderful working relationships with many local contractors, so you can rest assured that your project will run smoothly under their care.