Expert Furniture Designers & Decorators
One of the highlights of the shopping experience at Benson Stone Co is working alongside our talented furniture designers. Trust in their extensive knowledge and expertise to make the best choices for your home. And the best part? All in-store design services are totally complimentary to you!
Our furniture designers are here to help! They can help you choose the perfect furniture and accessories to create the home of your dreams.
Working with a Benson Stone furniture designer
We invite you to come and take a look around our beautiful furniture showroom to get started. Share your plans and ideas with any of our expert sales associates, and they’ll refer you to a designer if you would like extra help choosing the perfect pieces. The designer will talk with you to determine your goals and help you figure out what you need for your room. Your designer will be able to provide great advice for your room just based on photos, and in-store consultations are complimentary to you.
We can also schedule an in-home consultation if you like, though that service does require an extra charge. During a home visit, the designer will take meticulous measurements and photos of the space, noting if there are other aspects of the home that might impact the design, such as a beautiful view. Then, she will meet with you in the showroom, draw up potential floorplans and help you pick styles of furniture, colors, upholstery, and finishes. She can also help you determine what paint colors, rugs and other home decor you need.
Once you’ve made your choices, we will collect a downpayment on your order, and then your designer will take care of the ordering and delivery process for you. You are also invited to take advantage of our special financing program.
Tips from our furniture designers
- Figure out what you don’t like. It is much easier to express what you don’t like. Our designers can work from that and help you narrow down the styles you do like.
- Before planning what kind of furniture you need, take an honest assessment of your space. Decide the function of a particular room, and whether you want zones for different activities, such as areas that are conducive to conversation, and those that work for watching TV.
- Less is more. Don’t overfill your room with unnecessary furniture. Remember, you want plenty of walking space, too!
Come to Benson Stone in Rockford, IL, for all your furniture needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all in-store furniture design services are complimentary with your purchase. Our talented design consultants will help you choose the perfect pieces and customize them to suit your home, your style, and your budget.
However, if you would like your designer to travel to your home for a more in-depth consultation, a travel fee will be applied. The cost of an in-home visit depends on the size of the project and the distance travelled. Talk to your designer to get specific pricing for your project.
There’s a significant range in wait times for custom furniture, depending on the manufacturer. The quickest brands ship in as little as 6 – 8 weeks, some are around the 20 – 24 week mark, and some are higher than that, due to supply chain delays and disruptions.
If you need something in a hurry, let your designer know. We do carry a selection of stock furniture, and some of our display models are available to purchase off the showroom floor.
We recommend that you bring these item with you for your first meeting with your furniture designer:
- Photos of your room as it currently is. Take photos from multiple angles, to give a full portrait of the room. This helps us get an idea for the style and layout of your home.
- A simple sketch of the floor plan of your room with measurements. Be sure to note windows, doorways, and other built-in fixtures like fireplaces or cabinets.
- Inspiration photos. Gather up photos of the furniture and interior design styles that you like best. Bring as many as you want! Print them out if you like, or just show us on your phone. This will help us get a feel for your taste, and guide you toward the styles you’ll love the most.